WITTERSHAM VILLAGE HALL
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF HIRE
Booking and Payment
- Deposit A £50 refundable deposit is payable at the time of booking against possible damage, disposal of waste or additional cleaning should this be necessary.
- Payment The full cost of the booking is payable not less than 7 days prior to the date of hire. Where possible payment should be made by electronic transfer directly to the Wittersham Village Hall bank account (details will be provided by the booking clerk). The refundable deposit is in addition to the cost of hire and cannot be counted towards payment for the booking
- The Right To Decline The trustees reserve the right, without giving reason, to decline a booking or use of equipment belonging to the hall
- Hours The Hall is available for hire between 7:30a.m and 11.30pm and must be vacated by midnight.
- General or Local Elections The committee reserves the right to cancel a hiring in the event of the hall being required for use as a Polling Station for a Parliamentary, Local or by-election, in which case the hirer shall be entitled to a refund of any fee and/or deposit paid.
- Cancellation In the event that the hirer cancels a booking less than 48 hours before a booking is scheduled to commence, a cancellation fee not greater than 50% of the original booking cost shall apply (at the discretion of the trustees)
- In The Event of the hall or any part thereof being rendered unfit for the use for which it had been hired, the committee shall not be liable to the hirer for any resulting loss or damage whatsoever.
- Termination of a repeat hire agreement The hire agreement can be terminated by either party by giving one month’s notice. The trustees reserve the right to terminate the hire agreement with immediate effect for a serious breach of these terms and conditions.
- Supervision The Hirer is responsible for the supervision of the premises during the period of hire, the fabric and the contents, their care, safety from damage however slight and the behaviour of all persons using the premises whatever their capacity, including proper supervision of car parking arrangements and for ensuring that the highway is not obstructed. Children under the age of 18 should not be allowed in the kitchen, store room or cleaning cupboard without an appropriate adult present.
- Use Of Premises The hirer agrees to not sub-hire the premises or to use the premises or allow the premises to be used for any unlawful purpose or in an unlawful way.
- Alcoholic Drink The hall is not licensed for the sale of alcoholic drink and the hirer is responsible for ensuring that any licence(s) that may be required are obtained prior to the event taking place.
- Loss Or Damage The hirer is liable for the cost of repairing any damage to any part of the property during the period of the hiring
- Hirers Property All property belonging to hirers or users bought onto the property is at the hirer’s risk. The trustees cannot accept responsibility for theft of or damage to equipment belonging to hirers or users, including vehicles or other property left in the car park.
- Electrical Equipment The use of hirer’s own electrical equipment (e.g. sound equipment for a party) is permitted but we would ask that it has an up-to-date electrical test certificate. The hirer accepts liability for any damage, loss or injury resulting from the use of their own equipment.
- Fire Precautions Fire regulations affecting the hall must be strictly adhered to. Fire extinguishers are available in the hall and a Fire Blanket in the kitchen. The maximum number of persons allowed on the premises, to comply with Fire Regulations is Main Hall: 120 seated or 156 standing, Club Room: 50 seated or 60 standing. The emergency lighting of exits must remain on and visible (ie exit signs may not be covered) while the hall is in use. Fire exits must be kept clear at all times. In the event of a fire, the hirer is responsible for contacting the emergency services and evacuating the building to the fire assembly point in front of the hall. The hirer must also immediately contact a member of the Wittersham Village Hall management committee.
- Fly Posting The hirer agrees to not carry out or permit fly posting or any other form of unauthorised advertisements for any event taking place at the Hall and will be liable for all claims and proceedings arising from any breach of this condition.
- The Kitchen The kitchen and all utensils, cutlery and crockery must be left in a clean and fit condition otherwise a charge may be made for cleaning. The refrigerator should be emptied and cleaned at the end of the hire period.
- End of the Hiring the hirer must leave the premises and surrounding areas in a clean and tidy condition, properly locked and secured, unless otherwise directed, and any contents temporarily removed from their place properly replaced. Any waste which does not fit in the appropriate refuse collection bin should be removed and disposed of by the hirer. The hirer should ensure that the lid of the bin is properly closed so as not to attract wildlife to the bins.
- Neighbours The trustees request that all users of the hall respect the amenities of the village and show consideration to local residents before, during and after any event, particularly with respect to noise.
- Smoking (including vaping/e-cigarettes) is NOT permitted anywhere within the Hall. Persons smoking in the area surrounding the hall should dispose of cigarette butts in a safe and responsible manner without littering either the hall grounds or the public highway.
- Other Users Hirers are requested to respect the reasonable needs of others who may be using the Hall’s facilities at the same time.
- Discos / Live Music Hirers planning a disco or live music event for the Main Hall should note that all music must be kept to a reasonable level at all times. It should not be audible outside of the hall after 10pm and is to cease entirely no later than 11:30pm.
- Fireworks, BBQs, Bouncy Castles – Use of these items is not permitted in the Village Hall or its grounds due to the restrictions of our insurance cover.