WITTERSHAM VILLAGE HALL
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF HIRE
Repeat Hire Agreement
Amended August 2020 to include specific conditions which apply for the duration of the Covid-19 Pandemic (SC1 – SC17)
N.B. The Hall Trustees reserve the right to further amend these terms and conditions without notice to ensure that the hall and its users remain compliant with the latest government guidance and legislation. Further, the Hall Trustees reserve the right to limit the hours of operation of the hall and the range of activities for which the hall may be hired whilst Covid-19 guidance is applicable.
You, the hirer, will be responsible for ensuring those attending your activity or event comply with the COVID-19 Secure Guidelines while entering and occupying the hall, as shown on the attached poster which is also displayed at the hall entrances, in particular using the hand sanitiser supplied when entering the hall and after using tissues.
You undertake to comply with the actions identified in the hall’s Covid-19 risk assessment, of which you have been provided with a copy.
You will be responsible for cleaning door handles, light switches, window catches, equipment, toilet handles and seats, wash basins and all surfaces likely to be used during your period of hire before other members of your group or organisation arrive and to keep the premises clean through regular cleaning of surfaces during your hire, paying particular attention to wash hand basins and kitchen sinks (if used), using either the products supplied (which will be in a clearly accessible location) or your own ordinary domestic products. You will be required to clean again on leaving – the floor should be swept and mopped in addition to the surfaces and items previously mentioned.
Please take care cleaning electrical equipment. Use cloths – do not spray!
NB: The hall cleaner will thoroughly clean the hall every Wednesday evening and every Saturday or Sunday evening.
You will make sure that everyone likely to attend your activity or event understands that they MUST NOT DO SO if they or anyone in their household has had COVID-19 symptoms in the last 7 days, and that if they develop symptoms within 7 days of visiting the premises they MUST use the Test, Track and Trace system to alert others with whom they have been in contact.
You will keep the premises well ventilated throughout your hire, with windows and doors (except fire doors) open as far as convenient. You will be responsible for ensuring they are all securely closed on leaving. NB: It is expected that this will need to continue throughout the Autumn and Winter – your group members should be advised to dress accordingly.
You will ensure that no more than 32 people in the Main Hall or 13 people in the Clubroom attend your activity/event, in order that social distancing can be maintained. You will ensure that everyone attending maintains 2m social distancing while waiting to enter the premises, observes the one-way system within the premises, and as far as possible observes social distancing of 1m plus mitigation measures when using more confined areas (e.g. moving and stowing equipment, accessing toilets) which should be kept as brief as possible. You will make sure that no more than one person uses each toilet suite at one time.
You will take particular care to ensure that social distancing is maintained for any persons aged 70 or over or likely to be clinically more vulnerable to COVID-19, including for example keeping a 2m distance around them when going in and out of rooms and ensuring they can access the toilets, kitchen or other confined areas without others being present. For some people, passing another person in a confined space is less risky, but for older people that should be avoided.
You will position furniture or the arrangement of the room as far as possible to facilitate social distancing of 2m between individual people or groups of up to two households or 1m with mitigation measures such as: seating side by side, with at least one empty chair between each person or household group, rather than face-to-face, and good ventilation. If tables are being used, you will place them so as to maintain social distancing across the table between people from different household groups who are face-to-face
e.g. using a wide U-shape.
You are asked to keep a record of the name and contact telephone number or email of all those who attend your event for a period of 3 weeks after the event and provide the record to NHS Track and trace if required. (People are not obliged to provide details).
You will be responsible for the disposal of all rubbish created during your hire, including tissues and cleaning cloths – bin liners are provided but should be removed from the inside bins, tied up and placed in the outside bins before you leave the hall premises.
You will encourage users to bring their own drinks and food. However, you will be responsible, if drinks or food are made, for ensuring that all crockery and cutlery is washed in hot soapy water, dried and stowed away. You will bring your own clean tea towels, so as to reduce risk of contamination between hirers, and take them away. We will provide washing up liquid and washing up cloths.
We will have the right to close the hall if there are safety concerns relating to COVID-19, for example, if someone who has attended the hall develops symptoms and thorough cleansing is required or if it is reported that the Special Hiring Conditions above are not being complied with, whether by you or by other hirers, or in the event that public buildings are asked or required to close again. If this is necessary, we will do our best to inform you promptly and you will not be charged for this hire.
In the event of someone becoming unwell with suspected Covid-19 symptoms while at the hall you should remove them to the designated safe area which is the disabled toilet. Provide tissues and a bin or plastic bag, and a bowl of warm soapy water for handwashing. Ask others in your group to provide contact details if you do not have them and then leave the premises, observing the usual hand sanitising and social distancing precautions, and advise them to launder their clothes when they arrive home. Inform the hall trustees on either 01797 270418 or 01797 270777.
For events with more than 30 people you will take additional steps to ensure the safety of the public in relation to COVID-19 and prevent large gatherings or mass events from taking place, for example by operating a booking system or providing attendants or stewards who will ask people to seat themselves furthest from the entrance on arrival, to exit closest to the exits first and invite people to use toilets in the interval row by row.
In order to avoid risk of aerosol or droplet transmission you must take steps to avoid people needing to unduly raise their voices to each other, e.g. refrain from playing music or broadcasts at a volume which makes normal conversation difficult.
Where a sports, exercise or performing arts activity takes place:-
You will organise your activity in accordance with guidance issued by the relevant governing body for your sport or activity.
Where at all possible, you will ask those attending to bring their own equipment and not share it with other members.
You will avoid using equipment, which is difficult to clean, as far as possible.
Where groups store their equipment in the hall’s storage rooms:-
You will ensure that any equipment you provide is cleaned before use and before being stored in the hall’s storage room.
You will ensure that it is stored correctly in the storage area allocated to you and that it does not touch other groups equipment. Equipment should not be stored on the floor in front of the storage shelves.
Only one person should be in the storage room at any time – no one under the age of 18 may enter the storage areas.
The above conditions are those created to ensure compliance with the government legislation and guidance during Covid-19. Where these contradict the standard terms and conditions of hire the SC condition shall take precedence.
WITTERSHAM VILLAGE HALL
STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF HIRE
Repeat Hire Agreement
Booking and Payment
- Payment The first month’s hire is payable in advance, thereafter payments should be made according to the schedule agreed with the Hall’s treasurer / Booking clerk at the time of booking. Payments should be made directly into the hall’s bank account.
- The Right To Decline The trustees reserve the right, without giving reason, to decline a booking or use of equipment belonging to the hall.
- Hours The Hall is available for hire between 7:30am and 11.30pm and must be vacated by midnight.
- General or Local Elections The committee reserves the right to cancel a hiring in the event of the hall being required for use as a Polling Station for a Parliamentary, Local or by-election, in which case the hirer shall be entitled to a refund of any fee and/or deposit paid.
- Cancellation In the event that the hirer cancels a booking less than 48 hours before a booking is scheduled to commence, a cancellation fee not greater than 50% of the original booking cost shall apply (at the discretion of the trustees).
- In The Event of the hall or any part thereof being rendered unfit for the use for which it had been hired, the committee shall not be liable to the hirer for any resulting loss or damage whatsoever.
- Termination of a repeat hire agreement The hire agreement can be terminated by either party by giving one month’s notice. The trustees reserve the right to terminate the hire agreement with immediate effect for a serious breach of these terms and conditions.
- Supervision The Hirer is responsible for the supervision of the premises during the period of hire, the fabric and the contents, their care, safety from damage however slight and the behaviour of all persons using the premises whatever their capacity, including proper supervision of car parking arrangements and for ensuring that the highway is not obstructed. Children under the age of 18 should not be allowed in the kitchen, store room or cleaning cupboard without an appropriate adult present.
- Use Of Premises The hirer agrees to not sub-hire the premises or to use the premises or allow the premises to be used for any unlawful purpose or in an unlawful way.
- Alcoholic Drink The hall is not licensed for the sale of alcoholic drink and the hirer is responsible for ensuring that any licence(s) that may be required are obtained prior to the event taking place.
- Loss Or Damage The hirer is liable for the cost of repairing any damage to any part of the property during the period of the hiring
- Hirers Property All property belonging to hirers or users bought onto the property is at the hirer’s risk. The trustees cannot accept responsibility for theft of or damage to equipment belonging to hirers or users, including vehicles or other property left in the car park.
- Electrical Equipment The use of hirer’s own electrical equipment (e.g. sound equipment for a party) is permitted but we would ask that it has an up-to-date electrical test certificate. The hirer accepts liability for any damage, loss or injury resulting from the use of their own equipment.
- Fire Precautions Fire regulations affecting the hall must be strictly adhered to. Fire extinguishers are available in the hall and a Fire Blanket in the kitchen. The maximum number of persons allowed on the premises, to comply with Fire Regulations is Main Hall: 120 seated or 156 standing, Club Room: 50 seated or 60 standing. The emergency lighting of exits must remain on and visible (ie exit signs may not be covered) while the hall is in use. Fire exits must be kept clear at all times. In the event of a fire, the hirer is responsible for contacting the emergency services and evacuating the building to the fire assembly point in front of the hall. The hirer must also immediately contact a member of the Wittersham Village Hall management committee.
- Fly Posting The hirer agrees to not carry out or permit fly posting or any other form of unauthorised advertisements for any event taking place at the Hall and will be liable for all claims and proceedings arising from any breach of this condition.
- The Kitchen The kitchen and all utensils, cutlery and crockery must be left in a clean and fit condition otherwise a charge may be made for cleaning. The refrigerator should be emptied and cleaned at the end of the hire period.
- End of the Hiring the hirer must leave the premises and surrounding areas in a clean and tidy condition, properly locked and secured, unless otherwise directed, and any contents temporarily removed from their place properly replaced. Any waste which does not fit in the appropriate refuse collection bin should be removed and disposed of by the hirer. The hirer should ensure that the lid of the bin is properly closed so as not to attract wildlife to the bins.
- Neighbours The trustees request that all users of the hall respect the amenities of the village and show consideration to local residents before, during and after any event, particularly with respect to noise.
- Smoking (including vaping/e-cigarettes) is NOT permitted anywhere within the Hall. Persons smoking in the area surrounding the hall should dispose of cigarette butts in a safe and responsible manner without littering either the hall grounds or the public highway.
- Other Users Hirers are requested to respect the reasonable needs of others who may be using the Hall’s facilities at the same time.
- Discos / Live Music Hirers planning a disco or live music event for the Main Hall should note that all music must be kept to a reasonable level at all times. It should not be audible outside of the hall after 10pm and is to cease entirely no later than 11:00pm.
- Fireworks, BBQs, Bouncy Castles Use of these items is not permitted in the Village Hall or its grounds due to the restrictions of our insurance cover.